PineBridge Benson Elliot LLP Sustainability Policy
Benson Elliot (the ‘Firm’) is a leading, pan-European real estate private equity fund manager. Our investment approach begins with our relationship with our investors, delivering an asset-driven, value-add, risk-sensitive and exit-focused strategy.
Responsible investing is a key element of our approach and we view sustainability to be part of our fiduciary duty. We believe in leading by example through minimising the environmental impact within our own corporate occupation, in all the buildings we own and on communities in which we have a presence.
Benson Elliot has developed a focused Environmental Management System (‘EMS’), aligned to ISO14001*, to identify and manage sustainability risks inherent within real estate investment. Through our EMS, we commit to:
- Engage with investors, tenants and other key stakeholders to identify sustainability interests and commitments;
- Embed sustainability throughout our investment process by pursuing sustainability due diligence assessments and incorporating sustainability in the business plans of our investments;
- Incorporate a review of sustainability improvements within the development, refurbishment and capital expenditure programmes of our investments;
- Maintain compliance with relevant environmental regulation, legislation and investor requirements;
- Work to obtain green accreditations for our assets, where possible and feasible (i.e LEED, BREAM);
- Employ cost-effective solutions to prevent pollution and reduce adverse environmental impacts;
- Implement environmental sustainability initiatives that protect our properties against obsolescence;
- Execute a systematic approach to monitor, measure and manage investment related sustainability performance data;
- Ensure the application of a consistent approach towards sustainability across our investments by third party property managers.
Progress of those commitments and the status of this Policy will be reviewed annually by our Investment Committee to ensure it continues to be aligned with overall company and fund strategies.
*ISO14001 is an international standard for environmental management systems.